Friday, January 31, 2014

Happiness through my eyes.....A girl and her dog!

I decided to join a blog circle with a bunch of lovely ladies that I know. I've never done this before so I might mess it up a few times!! The inspiration for this month was "Happiness is......"
Once you've finished reading this you should check out Linda's contribution at Linda Hooper Photography!!!

When I was a child we had a labrador retriever named Taffy. Taffy was the most patient dog I've ever known and we used to dress him up and roll around with him and he would just wag his tail and go along with it. He was our playmate, our protector and part of our family. 

This is how Reese feels about our labrador retriever Cadbury. (ok our lab is a very small lab, she's genetically a dwarf for those of you who look at the picture and think...hmmmmmm not a lab!!)

Happiness for me is watching my daughter have the same wonderful relationship with our family dog. They play chase around the living room, they play "fetch Reese" or "hide and seek" or just throw a ball. Reese has started requesting to hold the leash when we walk Cadbury and every night without fail Cadbury can be found laying in the dog bed, right beside Reese's bed, and she stays there until morning.

The look of adoration that Cadbury gives Reese makes me smile. It makes me truly happy that my child can bond with and enjoy our family dog as much as I did when I was her age. 

"Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend...... 
never owned a dog"





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Rachel! Absolutely amazing and what a wonderful bond the two share:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! This is so sunny and bright!!! I too am a dog lover and to see your daughters face with her puppy is so fantastic! Her sunglasses and yellow dress are fabulous. :) Did I mention how cute your dog is??? Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, gorgeous girl and handsome dog! I adore the Black and white image of Cadbury looking up at her! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete